Friday Link Pack - 8 links to read over the weekend
- The DSD in Northern Ireland has released its Urban Development Grant Scheme. This grant is usually attributed to inner city housing, retail, commercial and light industrial schemes. Have a read of the guidelines to see if you qualify and give us a call to discuss any potential projects you think might benefit from this scheme! (Deadline for applications to the grant is the 13th May 2016)
- Some pretty special photos of BIG's new alternative skyscraper in New York.
- This project of the month on Archdaily is worth a read!
- Developing empty lots and converting them into public space. - An interesting article that could quite easily spark conversation about the empty plots of land seen across Belfast.
- After our entry into the Alvar Aalto competition a few months ago, take a look at some of the masters greatest works here.
- Really nice student led project for temporary classrooms across the water.
- We relish an opportunity to convert an older building into creative office space (like this one) and this article outlines this currently dominant trend.
- Lastly, this holiday house in Japan uses white brick to add a subtle texture to the overall scheme.
Have a great weekend!